Once saved always saved or Perseverance of the saints (also called preservation of the Saints is a heretic teaching that asserts that once a person is truly “born of God” or “regenerated” by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, they will continue doing good works and believing in God until the end of their life. Some of them also believe that even if a Christian live in sin and commit any kind of abominable act they can never lose their salvation.vThis is a lie. The Bible does not teach that a born again Christian cannot sin but that they do not continue to sin (or live in sin). Read 1 John 1:8-10; 2:1-2.
Watch the video below
Salvation is being saved from eternal death through faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift which can either be accepted or rejected.
Our salvation is not complete until we get our final salvation. We have been saved, we are being saved and we shall be saved.
Apostle Paul warns us about the doctrine of demons, of which the heretic teaching of once saved always saved is one. In 1 Timothy 4:1 Paul says: “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils”
Once saved always saved doctrine is not biblical. It is a false doctrine, and many who believe in it feel that they have a license to sin. This is contrary to Romans 6:1, 2.
The doctrine of eternal security does not give the human soul any security (against the fire of Hell) rather it gives them “internal security” that gives a feel of false peace and internal comfort.
SOME EXAMPLES AND BIBLICAL TEACHINGS
1. Keep labouring for God till we enter into the rest. Hebrews 4:1, 11.
2. The parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32). This story teaches us of the relationship that God has with His children. Just as the prodigal son chose to leave his father so also a Christian can choose not to continue to follow God, but when they repent God forgives their sins
3. The parable of the Vine and the branches
John 15:1-2 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.”
Hebrews 11:19, 20 “Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.”
4. This doctrine is not found in the Old Testament Ezekiel 18:4, 24″ Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
24. But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.”
5. Letters to the 7 Churches in Revelation 2-3
Rev. 2:10, 11″ Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
11. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.”
Rev. 3:15, 16″ I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”
DANGERS OF FALLING
Hardening of heart
2 Peter 2:20″ “For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.”
Lest a be a castaway
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a CASTAWAY.”
Not entering God’s rest
Hebrews 4:1, 11 “Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
11. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”
WARNING AGAINST FALLING AWAY
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
Matthew 24:11-13 “And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. BUT HE THAT SHALL ENDURE UNTO THE END, THE SAME SHALL BE SAVED.”
1 Timothy 4:16 “TAKE HEED UNTO THYSELF, AND UNTO THE DOCTRINE; CONTINUE IN THEM: for in doing this thou shalt BOTH SAVE THYSELF, and them that hear thee.”
Rev. 3:5 “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”
Philippians 2:12 “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”
Heb.12:14, 15 “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled”